Sunday, January 18, 2015

I saw some amazing things this week.

Malo Soifua Aiga!!!

A really cool week in Savaii! Honestly one of the hardest, but I saw some amazing things this week.  Here's the update:

-My companion Elder Aokuso and I are doing good. He is struggling adjusting to the weather a little bit, but other than that, he is doing really well. His Samoan is really good, and I can tell that he is really going to help me out with mine :)

-My comp is teaching me how to cut hair, I'm not the best, but I'm getting there :)

-We are still teaching Avea and Olina. My companion and I both felt that we needed to move their baptism dates back to give them more time to understand the doctrine and prepare. Avea's is the 31st of January and we don't know about Olina yet.

-We had such a cool experience with Avea. We got her new wheel chair out to her and we took her to church yesterday. It was so cool! She hadn't left the house for over 4 and 1/2 years so she was so excited! She loved the service, and we are going to take her again next week. 

-We got to see a miracle with Avea. She had been having a hard time understanding our last lesson we taught her. My companion and I offered to give her a blessing. We did, and then came back that night to finish the lesson. She understood everything and it was hands-down our best lesson with her. It was honestly incredible... When I look at her I feel the Spirit so strongly. I can say without a doubt that she is one of the reasons I was called to the Samoa Apia Mission. 

All is going well here. I was struggling a little during the week with inadequacy with regards to language, but Avea totally turned my week around. There is true power in Priesthood Blessings and I recommend anyone and everyone to ask for one if you are struggling. I love you all! Manuia le vaiaso!

Alofa Atu,
Elder Hunter S.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment