Sunday, October 26, 2014

Will I eat it again?…..NAW


Talofa Aiga,


Since my time in Samoa I've come to learn the golden rule of Samoa:
Expect the unexpected

I apologize for not writing last week. Email is a serious struggle sometimes here. It was extremely difficult because we had enough internet gigabytes to read our emails but not enough to send any out. 

When I read mom's email last week, I had a very difficult time. I know we have grown apart a little over the past couple of years, but I've known Brady for a long time. I was crying and praying for his family that entire night. That next morning, I felt a certain peace. I knew that this was an extremely difficult thing, but I also was so happy for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation.
 I know that we will see our loved ones again. 
This life is not the end. 
Please let the Greens know of my love for them and their son. 

Well, here is some of the info you were supposed to get last week:

-I officially got my first baptism! Her name was Ituau and it was an amazing experience. No big deal, but I said it in perfect Samoan. :) The Baptism was awesome!!! the water was nasty though. I probably have some type of skin disease haha

-A Tongan elder in my district ate a dog last week, and it happened to be a family's dog…so that was fun haha


-I am currently in the lead for most bizarre mission food. First the U'u (Lobra)but I've recently topped it with a delicacy here. It's called Palolo  (I know Auntie Amy is smiling right now :) ). It only comes once a year so it's very expensive here, and the whole village shuts down to go catch it... Very salty, but its alright. 

Will I eat it again? 
naw. 

Palolo is Coral Sperm…So to all my friends in the mission field beat that haha




Very grateful that Amy and Lucky are good. SHOW THEM THIS NEXT EMAIL haha I know they will love it! 

I have a feeling I'm getting transferred in the next three weeks for follow up training. FOBing out hahaa

Congrats to Nate! 

I asked about what he liked in his care packages. Here's Gator's response:
Breakfast- Bars
Healthy food!!!! mostly snacks  idk
stuff with fiber. Nature valley bars. regular cliff bars. anything that I can eat throughout the day. The apple sauce was good, just not too filling. I'll take anything. BEEF JERKEY please!!!  I asked for a salad one time, and they didn't know what it was...

I love you all so much and hope you are all doing well. The Gospel is so true. Tell everyone and anyone. Be bold.

Alofa Atu,
Elder Hunter S.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment