Monday, July 6, 2015

One funny one, and one spiritual one.- June 29th

Malo Soifua Aiga!

Such an up and down week. I have a couple of stories, but I'll share one funny one, and one spiritual one.

-The funny story happened on wednesday. We have these cookie/biscuit things called Tim Tams from New Zealand. And when you eat them with a hot cup of Milo we call it a Tim Tam Slam. Sadly, it has almost taken me a year to have one. Mostly because I'm cheap and never buy Milo. Anyways, we were on a visit and a family gave us some Milo. Earlier in the day I had bought some Tim Tams, and so it was perfect timing. However, it is rude to bring out your own food if a family gives you something. But it was the only time I could, so I had to try. I slowly started reaching into my bag, while keeping my eyes on them, and then waited for the perfect moment. Then it happened! Their kid made a bunch of noise! Just enough for them to turn away as I threw a Tim Tam in my cup of Milo. Sifi level mastered hahaha (Sneaky). I was so happy with myself :) 

-On Friday night we ate some mussels at our fafaga. Later that night, I felt my throat locking up. I kinda wanted to just put it off and go to sleep. But then there was a voice in the back of my head telling my to get some Benadryl or another Anti-hystemine. I took an allergy pill and called the mission nurse. Fortunately, I took the pill in time, because it was really tightening fast. I have had crab, lobster, and shrimp my whole life and mission, but apparently I am now allergic to Shellfish. I know for a fact that the voice in the back of my head was the Holy Ghost, and I am so very grateful that I listened to it. My testimony was strengthened this week. Don't question promptings from the Holy Ghost. It is a protector, and will guide you in times of trouble. 

I hope you all have a great week!
Alofa Tele Atu,
Elder Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment