Sunday, March 15, 2015

Cyclones just make life more interesting!

Malo Soifua Aiga!

Well, this week has been quite an interesting one. But I don't know if I'm going to tell you about it. I'll give you all some hints though: sleeping on the floor for 4 days, McDonald's, spiders, warm showers, possible new area. And that is all I'm saying hahaha just leave it up to your imagination :)
One of my best friends out here Elder Pasia and me. He is a native form Upolu

To answer your other questions:

-Yes I think my language is getting better. I am understanding most everything that is said to me, and I can hold a decent conversation. I'm really working on being able to tell more about myself rather than ask questions (I think I ask too many questions :) haha ). 

-My companion is doing pretty good, he has been sick the past week, but I think he is going to be getting better soon, I also think that he is very ready to train and that he probably will next transfer (which is next week) 

-I always think about why I was sent to Samoa. For most of my mission I've been one of two palagi's on Savaii and many times have questioned why I was sent here. However, I continually am learning why. One example of this is how giving Samoans are. They would give the shirts off of there backs if you wanted it. I truly love that about there culture and the way they respect their guests. I'm always learning from the people here as well as the Aganu'u (culture).

-All has been good with my leaders. It has been a little difficult sometimes in my zone because there are only 8 of us, but we make it work. It has been a great learning experience and I have gotten really tight with some members of my zone. 
Zone conference we had with all of Savaii this week


Well that's all I've got for you all. I'm happy you had a great vacation and look forward to going on them again with you all! 

Alofa tele atu outou!
Elder Hunter 
PS:  cyclones just make life more interesting :)

cows on the road that blocked our way haha we had to wait until a bus came through to get to our conference :)

No comments:

Post a Comment