Friday, July 18, 2014

First Friday- P-day in the MTC

Talofa Aiga!

Here is my first official email sent from the MTC (pretty crazy!). I have P-days on Friday here so I will make sure to write every time I get the chance. Where to begin! Here at the MTC it's no joke, the first day I really hit the ground running. I have already been to multiple language lessons, and am slowly picking up the language. My companion's name is Elder Wallwork. He is from Pasco, Washington. He is half Hawaiin and half Samoan, and he is such a stud! I am so thankful for my district. It is hands down the best in the MTC, and everyone knows when the Samoan Elders are coming across campus! We are a little rowdy, but that's because we are already so close. I do not hesitate to call them my usos. 
So here's a little taste of my life:

-Wake up to the sound of Elders saying, "I'm going to sasa that toilet!!" haha
-go to breakfast (I can now see why so many elders get fat)
-basically classes all day (not a fan, but Samoan language is great)
-Lunch (may need some pepto before I leave haha)
-more classes...(not gonna lie sometimes catch some zzz's haha)
-finally we return back to residents where we prepare for bed by throwing on our ie's

I do miss you all, but I haven't really had a chance to feel homesick...Everything feels like it is moving at the speed of light. Make sue to thank Bishop Tomlinson for me, I really enjoyed his letter. Also, harass my friends a bit haha, I've only gotten mail from Tanner and would love to hear from them.
Now for a bit of Spiritual Goodness :)
Yesterday in class our teacher told us to all buy copies of the Samoan hymn book. We all did, and then together sang "I am a child of God." It was probably the most powerful song I have ever sung...The Spirit was so present and powerful and it really brought our district together. I was struggling earlier that day with my desire to be at the MTC, and it instantly changed it. I knew that I was exactly where I needed to be and am so thankful for it!

Well that's about it haha. Oh one more thing! We have decided to create the Pacific Games! Basically throughout our time in the MTC, we have challenged Tonga, Hawaii, Fiji, and the Marshall Islands to different games. We will be champions!!! I'm feeling like a true Samoan because I can't stand Tonga here haha. Well I love you all and can't wait to get your next email!

Alofa Atu,
Elder Hunter

1 comment:

  1. Talofa Elder Hunter!!!!

    I am so happy to see your post just now!!! I was getting all teary eyed reading your post...and of course, LOL...sounds like you're having an awesome time! You are so blessed to be there and to experience everything thus far! Remember, Tonga is part of God's creations too... ;)

    Ia, fai fa'alelei lou galuega ma aua le fa'alogoka! Va'ai fa'alelei le au vaega ga e ai kele ke'i ua le koe ofi lou ie faitaga. ;) (one day soon you'll be able to read and understand!)

    Alofa atu...o lo'o tatalo matou mo oe ma lau galuega!

    Soifua,
    Joyce Saena

    ReplyDelete